Friday, September 16, 2011

Winton Woods Fall Beer Tasting

Last Friday D and I went with a group of friends to a Beer Tasting at a local park. I love trying new beers without having to buy a whole six pack only to find it tastes awful and then of course we have to drink it all any way. I was very excited to find a new fall beer of choice. The event offered some pretty strong contenders. My favorites were: 

River Town Pumpkin Ale 
source
The Pumpkin Ale was like drinking a cold glass of pumpkin pie! Plus it's brewed right here in Cincinnati, so you just can't beat it! 


Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat
source
A close second! Very good will definitely be drinking more of this throughout the fall!

I also have an uncontrollable obsession with hard ciders! I love to try each seasonal flavor of Woodchuck cider as it is released, but my favorite cider is:
source
JK Scrumpy's Hard Cider!! I could drink bottle after bottle, so goood!!

The tasting offered a cider called Crispin. There were 2 types original and honey crisp. I really loved the Honey Crisp. So I ran out to my local Kroger and bought this...
source
Sadly I didn't enjoy it as much as the Honey Crisp... which completely defeated the whole purpose of this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment