Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Friday

I can’t believe its Friday already, but I’m so happy it is.


Running Recap:


Monday I had a great 4.5 mile run in the morning before work. Sometimes my favorite part about running is getting time away from everything to think. Sure, I listen to my ipod while I’m running and I do depend on it sometimes to keeping moving, but other times I just let my mind wonder. I have a coworker whose mother was diagnosed last week with pancreatic cancer so I spent a lot of my run thinking about her operation that was taking place that morning and praying that she had the best possible outcome. During my run I spotted a doe with two of her offspring crossing the road and I found it very inspiring. I get very excited when I’m out running and see beautiful occurrences in nature I would have missed if I let my snooze button get the best of me. We are keeping our fingers crossed for my coworker’s mother, but it seems as if the operation went smoothly and the whole tumor was removed.


Tuesday D and I went to the track for a speed workout after dinner. I wasn’t sure how my stomach would feel completing 8-400s filled with enchilada casserole, but it worked out in the end. I even managed to knock about 20 seconds off my 400 pace.


Thursday D and I went for an easy 3 mile run. It’s getting dark so early now and we waited a little too late to start the run and ended up finishing in the dark. This cool front that has come in has made for some great running weather.


Today I’m taking it easy because I’m participating in the Hudepohl Brewery 14k tomorrow morning with D and a couple of friends. I’m really looking forward to the course. I haven’t run through this part of downtown and the after part looks like a blast!


TWRAWTS

No comments:

Post a Comment