Monday, September 26, 2011

Wife vs. Food!!

Confession: I LOVE Adam Richmond!! I don't know what it is about him but I could watch him eat alll dayyy loooonnng!! So, naturally, when D and I were planning on going to Columbus for the Foo Fighters concert I thought we could hit up a "man vs food" restaurant. Cue the Thurman Cafe!


This restaurant has a HUGE list of HUGE burgers! Eighteen different burgers to be exact... HEAVEN!!!

 I had the Jonnie Burger which is:
"A bleu cheese burger with loads of bacon, horseradish cheese, and a splash of tequila cooked in; no lettuce, tomato, or mayo cuz, quite frankly, if I’d wanted a salad, I’d of ordered one! Served with fries, cuz chips are for quitters!" 
The menu also recommended a shot of 1800 with the burger, but that would have led to a completely different night altogether... I'm not sure D could have kept me off of the Foo Fighter's stage!! So instead I had a tall Leinenkugel Oktoberfest, YUM!

source
 D had the Thurman burger (the burger Adam eats in the episode):
source
"Our head honcho overloaded with ham, sautéed mushrooms & onions, mozzarella & American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, and mayo with kettle chips and a pickle spear"


The food was DELICIOUS and filling!! The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. They had dollar bills hanging every where with signatures, doodles and funny quotes. The place is really small and luckily we arrived fairly early and got a seat right away. There was a crowd and a pretty long wait when we left around 7pm.

I'm so glad I have Adam to follow to the nation's best burger joints!

 and in this battle of wife vs food...
yeah.. I ate the last bite don't worry!


..... WIFE WINS!!!! 
 And now I need to go for a 100 mile run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment