Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FOO FIGHTERS

Thursday night D and I attended the Foo Fighter's show in Columbus at Nationwide Arena for their Wasting Light tour and it was FREAKIN AMAZING!! Seriously, so good!

The opening band was Mariachi El Bronx. We only got to hear them play a couple songs, but they are very entertaining and I would love to see them again sometime. 
source
 Next up was Rise Against. D has seen them previously, before they became popular, but this was the first time for me. I have never seen a band with so much energy they jumped around like cheerleaders for their 45 minute set. I was exhausted just watching them.

source

And then it was time for the FOOFS!
...because you don't know who the Foo Fighters are

The show was everything I'd hoped it would be! Dave Grohl is hilarious, during the breaks he chatted it up a lot and was making us lose it. The lighting and stage set up was awesome, like nothing I've ever seen before. The band played for a good two and a half hours. Finally the show ended and they band left the stage....
our view from the nose bleeds! Who cares we could still hear them!!!
For the encore Dave came out and did a couple acoustic songs (my fav!!) and finally the whole band ended the show with Everlong (my absolute fav!!!)


D and I had a great time and I can put a check on my Bucket List!

Here is the set list from the show: source

1.)    Bridge Burning
2.)    Rope
3.)    The Pretender
4.)    My Hero
5.)    Learn to Fly
6.)    White Limo
7.)    Arlandria
8.)    Breakout
9.)    Cold in the Sun
10.)  Stacked Actors
11.)  Walk
12.)  Monkey Wrench
13.)  Let it Die
14.)  These Days
15.)  Skin and Bones (w/ Krist Novoselic)
16.)  This is a Call
17.)  In The Flesh (Pink Floyd Cover)
18.)  All My Life
Encore:
19.)  Long Road to Ruin (Acoustic)
20.)  Best of You (Acoustic)
21.)  Times Like These (Acoustic)
22.)  Dear Rosemary
23.)  Breakdown (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Cover)
24.)  Everlong

No comments:

Post a Comment