Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year



I decided the perfect way to ring in Rocktober would be Pumpkin Pancakes!! I have been waiting a long time to make these little bits of heaven!! It was pretty chilly, fall day around here on Saturday, but nothing some spiced pancakes and a warm cup of coffee couldn't fix.

This recipe was given to me from a patient and recommended as the BEST pumpkin pancakes ever…

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 ½ c all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 ½ c milk
1 c canned pumpkin
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 eggs separated

Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Measure liquid ingredients, including egg yolk, into a quart measuring cup; in a separate small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Use the same beater to combine liquid ingredients- milk, pumpkin, oil and egg yolks. Stir into dry ingredients with wire whip only until combined, and then gently fold in egg whites. Use ¼ cup measure to dip and pour batter onto hot greased griddle.


These pancakes were pretty simple to make and I already had all the ingredients at home. I thought they were really delicious, not too spicy but just enough to get that warm pumpkin pie taste. I had a little trouble with under cooking some of them for fear of burning them (my Achilles heel of cooking). I’m not sure if they were the best pumpkin pie pancakes ever since I was a pumpkin pancake virgin, but they were really good. I guess I’ll just have to make more pumpkin pancakes to see if they really were the best! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment